1. Saints fans have more to complain about. After spending most of last off-season complaining about the non-call that cost them a spot in the Super Bowl, Saints’ fans now have another controversial pass interference call to haunt them from January to September.
— John Breech (@johnbreech) January 5, 2020
2. WWBD? (What will Brady do?) Believe it or not, Tom Brady is a free agent, which means he may not return to the Patriots next season. The 42-year old apparently wants to play on, with lots of noise about him heading to LA and playing for the Chargers.
As a longtime fan of Tom Brady, I want to see him playing for the Los Angeles Chargers next season … and I want to see Belichick have to go it alone without him in New England.
— Skip Bayless (@RealSkipBayless) January 5, 2020
3. Josh Allen is a work in progress. Buffalo’s second year QB is a great athlete and a good leader, but he undoes a lot of his good work with rash decisions like this ill-advised offload:
Even Jameis Winston thinks Josh Allen is careless with the football. pic.twitter.com/WtzIob6GM0
— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) January 5, 2020
4. Kirk Cousins wins a big one. Much was made of the Vikings’ QB being 0-9 in primetime Monday Night Football games and his one playoff appearance. Today he had the last laugh with a game-winning touchdown pass in overtime.
— Dave Schwartz (@Dave_Schwartz) January 5, 2020
5. Is Carson Wentz snakebitten? The Eagles’ QB was injured two years ago and had to watch Nick Foles lead Philly to the Super Bowl. Today he was driven into the ground by Jadeveon Clowney and had to leave the game. Josh McCown couldn’t replicate the Foles magic in the loss to Seattle.
— Craig 🙃 (@5againstOne) January 5, 2020
6. Were the Titans disrespected? It’s only natural that the ‘end of the Patriots’ dynasty’ storyline got major play in the media after Tennessee knocked the defending champs out of the playoffs, but did the Titans get enough props for their accomplishment?
What an incredible disservice to the Titans. Nantz & Romo can’t stop discussing the Patriots. And Romo saying, “Give the Pats credit,” after a pathetic collapse in the final month and playing in the Wild Card round for the first time in a decade. This is the Titans moment.
— Damon Amendolara (@DAonCBS) January 5, 2020
7. Was Deshaun Watson’s escape act the play of the weekend? The Texans’ QB set up the game-winning field goal in overtime with an unbelievable effort against the aggressive Buffalo defense.
UNREAL. DESHAUN WATSON. 😯
— ESPN (@espn) January 5, 2020
8. Changing of the guard. No Brady, no Brees, no Big Ben. But Ryan Tannehill moves on to face Lamar Jackson and it’s Kirk Cousins v Jimmy Garoppolo.
Kirk Cousins has more playoff wins this decade than Tom Brady and Drew Brees combined
— Master (@MasterTes) January 5, 2020
9. NFL officiating is still a talking point. The referees are always under the microscope, particularly in playoff games, but there were a number of controversial call and non calls that had a major impact on all four Wild Card games.
Can we get a game without bad officiating?
— Dan Orlovsky (@danorlovsky7) January 5, 2020