In addition to betting on who wins the five seats up for by-election this weekend, we’ve framed markets on the bizarre – from what colour tie Antony Green will be wearing to which party will send out the most tweets…
Here are just some of our Super Saturday predictions:
- One of the WA seats will be the first to be declared (Perth and Fremantle both $2.50).
- Antony Green tipped to opt for a black tie ($3.00) over green ($3.50).
Interesting that male journalists are sometimes scrutinised for the ties they wear.
In 1979, after the General election, a member of the public live on air asked Robin Day whether the colour of his tie (red) showed which way he voted. He vigourously denied it. https://t.co/YtdrNYDzpJ
— Huw Davies (@HuwDavies1998) July 6, 2018
- Braddon to record the most amount of rain on polling day ($2.50).
- Bill Shorten to be spotted in Longman first ($1.30), with Malcom Turnbull tipped to start his day in Braddon ($1.55).
- Shorten is the $1.80 favourite to be the first leader to post himself eating the election day classic snag.
- Familiar faces will be spotted campaigning, including Mark Latham ($1.10), Barnaby Joyce ($4.00), Clive Palmer ($12) and Tony Abbott ($21).
- Labor are the $2.00 favourites to send out the most tweets.
As if Super Saturday wasn’t exciting enough for punters!
— gus choungi (@50Choungi) July 22, 2018
There’s great value in Labor being the most active on twitter at $2.00, we’re tipping they’ll be pulling out all the stops to help secure the tight seats of Braddon and Longman!