Traders were quick to react and have framed new Melbourne Cup and Caulfield Cup markets after nominations were released today.
- 183 entries including 50 internationals.
- Melbourne Cup now worth $7.3 million.
- Weir 27 noms, Waller 21, Lloyd Williams 14, Aidan O’Brien 12.
- International invader Magic Circle heads betting.
- The top of the market is dominated by northern hemisphere trained horses.
- 164 entries including 27 internationals.
- Caulfield Cup now worth $5 million.
- Waller 24, Weir 21, Hayes 14, Lloyd Williams 14.
- Kings Will Dream is the dominant $5 favourite. He has been the favourite since March when he gained a guaranteed start when winning the Mornington Cup.
- Boom Time is going for back to back victories and is currently $26.